Monday, April 9, 2012

I am not ashamed

I love meatloaf. I openly admit it. And of course I think my recipe is the best. You be the judge, but I warn you; this is not a healthy recipe!

 Your cast of characters:

1.5lb hamburger meat

1 envelope Lipton Beefy Onion or Onion Mushroom Soup Mix

2 eggs

24 Captain Wafers or other similar sized cracker, crushed

1/4 -ish milk

2 tsp ketchup

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Combine all the ingredients except the ketchup. I use my hands, it is easiest. In a 13x9 baking pan, shape the mixture into a loaf. Bake uncovered for 50 minutes. Take out and spread the ketchup over the top. Bake for 10 minutes longer.

** I adapted this recipe from The Lipton Kitchen. I use less hamburger than the original recipe calls for because the meat will cook faster and make a nice crust. Also I use milk instead of water because it just tastes better.