Thursday, April 5, 2012

An Easy Spring Pinwheel

I am knee deep in some serious birthday party planning for my soon-to-be 4yr old daughter. One of the crafts that I have planned is a small working pinwheel. At this age your child will still need adult assistance but it only takes a minute and the your child will be off to play with their new toy.

You will need glass bead pins, lollipop paper sticks and a piece of paper cut into a square. My paper is 4.5 inches square.

 OPTIONAL
I have a pinwheel template that I printed on my home printer and a tiny hole punch that I used to make it easier but you can skip these steps if you don't have these items or don't need them.


 Cut the paper from the edges toward the middle, but don't cut all the way. If using the punch, cut holes in the alternating corners and the middle of the paper.

 Fold down alternating corners to the middle. Here I lined up the holes that I punched. Then push the pin through the middle of the corners and paper.

 Next, push the pin through the center of the lollipop stick.
All you have left to do now is blow on the pinwheel to make it spin!

 You can use this template to print on your 4.5 inch square paper if you are making multiple pinwheels or if you need the guide.