Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Vintage sheets


My mom, sister and I have a tradition of going out to yard sales together the Saturday before Mothers Day in order to spend some quality time together doing something we all love to do. I usually make out a map and I or my sister will drive. We like different things and its is fun to see what we all think is interesting enough to buy. Afterwards my mom will pick a  restaurant and we will visit over lunch. It is one of my favorite things to do all year.
Last year we stopped at an estate sale and my sister chose a sheet and commented that if it did not fit her bed she would sell it. I asked her about it and found out there are several groups online that are for collectors of vintage linens. Initially I was surprised. Old sheets, who knew? Fast forward a couple months and I was looking for some sheets for my own bed. I was having a hard time finding anything I liked that wasn't out of my price range. I remembered that conversation and decided to look for myself what kind of sheets would be available. I was pleasantly surprised to see such a range of colors and patterns. The prices range about as much as the choices. I found a Facebook page to follow and studied what was on trend and popular before venturing out on my own to find some of these pieces "in the wild." 
Although my local area boasts a variety of thrift stores, the best selection for vintage sheets is at the Goodwill. I try to stop by once a week to see what they have to offer. It has refueled my passion for resale, finding new and interesting items to share. If you are interested in learning more on vintage sheets, this is the Facebook page I follow: https://www.facebook.com/groups/817573291645843/
If you are interested in seeing the sheets I have available in my etsy store, you can click the gallery to your right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment